What is Surrey Youth Collective?
We are a group of democratically elected and selected young people who live, work or study within Surrey instigating positive change within our communities.
We aim to tackle issues and improve services that are important to all young people in Surrey. Working alongside Surrey County Council, we provide an opportunity for young people to have their say and strive to make positive change for not only for those involved but the whole community.
Who is it made up of?
We are made up of elected members from all the Districts and Boroughs in Surrey to representing the following areas:
- Reigate and Banstead
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Surrey Heath
As well as selected members of youth participation groups such as looked after children, carers, LGBTQ*, young parents and many more.
In addition we have deputies and ambassador roles which you can find out more about in the ‘elections’ section.
Why was it set up ?
- To give young people the opportunity to have a voice at Council level.
- For young people to have the chance to help make change in the community about issues that affect them.
- For young people to feel able to make an impact by helping with decision making within the Council.
What have we achieved ?
- We have created a platform for young people in Surrey to stand upon so they can have their own voice.
- We have given young people the confidence to lead and stand up and voice issues that are important to them.
- Deliver campaigns as the Youth Collective or in partnership with other organisations to improve the issues that are important to us and all young people.