How does the election process works?
To submit an application to run for the elections to become a Youth Collective member all you need to do is complete a few simple steps.
Please note - to run for elections for district and borough posts you must live, work or study in Surrey and be aged between 11 and 18 or 25 if special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
All you will need to do is:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, age, school and district or borough you work, live or study in. If you are unsure about which district and borough in Surrey you can represent, please send us your postcode/nearest town and we can find out for you.
- Once you have sent the above email we will now need a photo to upload onto your candidate profile alongside your manifesto and consent forms.
- After this you your manifesto will be uploaded into a survey and we will get young people to vote in Surrey on all the candidates.
We're looking for:
- Elected members for the 11 Boroughs – these young people will represent the views young people in their district and borough.
- Deputies – these young people will support the elected member in their district and borough.
- Ambassadors – these young people will support the elected members and deputies of their district and borough when they have free time to come along to the meetings.
- Champions – these young people will let everyone know about Youth Collective and work on campaigns and projects
- Selected members – these young people will represent youth participation groups in Surrey and ensure their views and concerns are included
Elections will open on 1st March 2017 and voting will start on18th March 2017
or click the following link